Widespread REE mineralisation identified in all of nine systematic chip sample traverses completed at the recently secured, 100% owned, Laramie REE Project in Wyoming USA (ZNC ASX Release 6 Nov 2019), including:
- 80m @ 0.40% TREO – Traverse A;
- 60m @ 0.39% TREO – Traverse B;
- 40m @ 0.35% TREO – Traverse C;
- 60m @ 0.37% TREO – Traverse D;
- 137m @ 0.37% TREO – Traverse E;
- 332m @ 0.26% TREO – Traverse F;
- 72m @ 0.33% TREO – Traverse G;
- 60m @ 0.34% TREO – Traverse H;
- 17m @ 0.24% TREO – Traverse I.
Laramie Systematic Traverse Chip Sampling
- Additional Zenith surface rock grab sampling has identified a further zone of REE mineralisation with TREO (Total Rare Earth Oxide) grades up to 0.60%. First pass sampling by Zenith has now identified three sampling areas 2 to 3km apart with strong values of high-value neodymium, praseodymium and dysprosium;
- REE mineralisation occurs within a 30 sqkm monzonitic pluton part of a very large anorthosite complex, providing Zenith with the opportunity to define a very large-scale exploration target once initial first pass drill testing is completed;
- Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations and the project area has excellent existing road and rail infrastructure; and
- Next steps include further mapping, surface sampling and geophysical surveying to establish the overall extent of the mineralised zone(s) and target highest grade areas for drill testing, along with initial mineralogical/metallurgical testwork.